Who doesn't love collecting some simple and easy recipes for the day when you come home late from work or a long trip, you are starving and don't have enough time to prepare a whole meal? At times like this, your favorite noodles can come in handy 🙂 Like everyone, I also crave for pasta and noodles such as spaghetti, macaroni, pad thai, ramen, chow mein, chili garlic noodles, etc. But a few days ago I had some Hakka Noodles at a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco. Since then, it has become one of my favorite noodle dishes.
Hakka Noodles is an Indo-Chinese dish and it's very popular among Indians. I wanted to prepare this at home so I went to an Indian store to get a pack of Ching's secret Egg Hakka Noodles. I found it to be a really simple recipe and thought I'd share it with you.
I made it with small salad-sized shrimp. You can add your choice of vegetables or chicken (whichever you prefer) in the recipe.
Hakka Noodles/Egg Hakka Noodles/Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe :
prep time : 5 minutes | cook time : 15 minutes | serving : 2
If you like healthy, delicious, simple and easy Asian recipes, you must give it a try!
- 1 pack Ching's Secret Egg/Veg Hakka Noodles.
- 1 pack small salad-sized shrimp.
- 10 cups of water.
- 2 tbsp oil.
- 1 cup chopped onions.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder.
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions.
- Salt to taste.
Cooking Instructions :
- Boil 10 cups of water in a large pan until you can see the bubbles, drop the noodles into it and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and thoroughly wash under cold water.
- While boiling the noodles, marinate your shrimp. Take your shrimp into a bowl and add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and a pinch of salt into it. Gently coat the shrimp with all the spices and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the onions. Don't deep fry them. Fry them until they become softened. Then add your shrimp and stir fry them for 3 minutes (Make sure that you are not overcooking your shrimp, otherwise they will become hard)
- Add your stir fried shrimp along with the fried onions into the noodles and toss them well.
- Sprinkle some green onions before serving. Serve hot 😀